A generation of teenie boppers are currently mourning the chop heard ’round the world. Justin Bieber cut his sacred locks yesterday, sporting a shorter “more mature” ‘do. His hairstylist Vanessa Price has dubbed it the “Justin Bieber 2011,” but despite JB and his camps positivity about his new coiffed mane, he may be losing some Beliebers (at least on Twitter).
The Twitterverse imploded yesterday with an outcry from JB followers.
The hashtag #riphairflip has also been a trending topic since The Biebs debuted his new ‘do and reactions are definitely mixed.
A list of JB followers below, via Zap2it, may miss the shaggy swoop, but they are still supportive of the 16-year-old singing sensation and will remember Feb. 21, 2011 as a historical, monumental day.
• MeBeBecki: @justinbieber, those who unfollowed you because of your haircut obviously werent true fans. #riphairflip
• Alexislovesjb: Yeah, He got a haircut. #riphairflip but he still has talent! So stop being so immature about it and worry about something that matters!
• fikabieb: BIEBER ALERT. February 21th 2011 was an historical day, the world famous hairflip is gone, will miss @justinbieber ‘s hairflip #RIPhairflip
• lovingmyjbieber: #riphairflip may always remember the flip that had lil girls panties tingeling and moms buying cocert tickets.
• iswaggalikebieb: my mom said @justinbieber looked hot with his new haircut hahatotally AGREE!Helooks hot and he will look hot even f he is bald. #riphairflip
The Twitterverse has also been buzzing with rumors that approximately 80,000 fans unfollowed Bieber on Twitter, who currently has 7,522,294 followers.
How many followers did he have before the hair fallout? We aren’t sure, but suspect once Beliebers get over their anger they will follow their idol again.
“yeah so it’s true…i got a lil haircut…i like it…and we are giving all the hair cut to CHARITY to auction. Details coming soon…” Justin Tweeted a couple of hours after he broke the news on TMZ Live.
And leave it up to Biebs to put everything in perspective and ignore the hair hoopla while real tragedies are happening in the world.
“just ending the night. my prayers go out tonight to the people of New Zealand. god bless” he Tweeted early this morning.