OK! got the expert advice from foodie and TV personality Ted Allen for some of the best ways to celebrate the season. He tells OK! not to fret too much and just focus on your friends. "So I don’t worry a lot about overly elaborate decorating."
The former Queer Eye co-host adds: "If I’m cooking and my friends are coming over to spend time with me – that’s the theme. The theme is the people." Here Ted shares with you his recipe for Belgian Endive with Blue Cheese and Walnuts as well as his special cocktail Platino 96.
1 1/2 oz. Jose Cuervo Platino
1/4 oz. simple syrup
3 oz. Piper-Heidsieck Cuvée Brut
Dash Angostura Bitters
3 mint leaves
1. Combine simple syrup and 2 mint leaves in mixing glass and muddle.
2. Add Jose Cuervo Platino and Angostura Bitters, ice and shake.
3. Strain into a chilled flute or coupe glass.
4. Top with Piper-Heidsieck champagne and garnish with a mint leaf.
Belgian Endive with Blue Cheese and Walnuts
Makes: 12 appetizers
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: None
2 endive hearts, separated
4 oz. crumbled blue cheese
1 cup shelled walnuts
1. Separate endive leaves and wash under cold water
2. Place the endive up so each leaf resembles a shallow boat. Sprinkle each leaf with a few crumbles of blue cheese and walnuts.
3. Drizzle each leaf with your favorite balsamic vinaigrette.
4. Serve as an appetizer to guests.