Whenever Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt appear together lately, there's a new tenderness in their glances and a real joy in their faces — and it has nothing to do with his Oscar nomination. Even before Brad received the nom for his acting in Moneyball, the couple heard some very happy, but very private news — Angie is pregnant with twin boys!
"They were overjoyed at how quickly Angie became pregnant this time," says a confidante. "They said that it showed that this pregnancy was 'meant to be.' But then Angie's latest ultrasound revealed there were two heartbeats — well they couldn't believe it. They were totally shocked!"
Adding two more children to the Jolie-Pitt tribe — which includes Maddox, 10, Pax, 8, Zahara, 7, Shiloh, 5, and twins Knox and Vivienne, 3 — is surprising, yet truly wonderful news.
"Angelina is absolutely thrilled," says the confidante. "She and Brad can't believe that they've been so blessed again. They are so excited that they are struggling to keep it a secret. But they are totally buzzing and have only spilled the good news to very close friends and family."
FOR MORE ON HOW BRAD AND ANGIE ARE PREPPING FOR THE ARRIVAL OF BABY BOYS, PICK UP THE NEW ISSUE OF OK!, ON SALE THURSDAY!
MORE IN THIS ISSUE OF OK!:
• Is the honeymoon over? Duchess Kate Middleton freaks out when Prince William parties hard with brother Prince Harry.
• Cameron Diaz’s appearance raises eyebrows — did she have a face-lift?
• Russell Brand zeroes in on adorable Zooey Deschanel — who just happens to look like his ex, Katy Perry.
• Demi Moore in distress? Pal Madonna and ex-hubby Bruce Willis vow to help Demi after hospitalization.
• Beyoncé’s baby, Blue Ivy, may have the most powerful godmother of all: Oprah Winfrey.
• Supermodels Gisele Bündchen and Bar Refaeli brace for battle over underwear supremacy.
• After breaking off their engagement, The Bachelorette's Ali Fedotowsky and Roberto Martinez may be getting back together.