Want help slimming down? Kendra Wilkinson, OK!'s cover model and reality star shares her tried-and-tested secrets for getting in shape fast in this week's issue of OK!: "I'm not going overboard and cutting everything out," says Kendra of her healthy approach to weight loss.
1. Eat Breakfast
"I have strawberry or peach yogurt; cereal and fruit; or a smoothie, so I'm not hungry and I feel energized!" Eating in the a.m. prevents binging later in the day.
2. Skip The Scale
"Chart your progress with how your clothes fit, not what the number on the scale says."
3. Don't Cut Everything Out At Once
Kendra craved ice cream and pizza in her third trimester. "I can't just go from that to eating salads. I'm phasing it out, little bit by little bit."
4. Keep A Goal In Mind
Kendra wants to surpass Kim Kardashian's famous Hollywood booty! She also wants to wear a slinky Hervé Léger dress for hubby Hank Baskett.
5. Snack Smart
"I really like cold, raw vegetables — especially baby carrots." Dip them in some hummus or fat-free dressing for a low-cal midday munch.
6. Indulge Once In A While
Kendra allows herself red meat once a week, coffee in the morning and, when the craving strikes, "Flamin' Hot Cheetos! I love them!"
7. Don't Overload Your Plate
Carb-loving Kendra still eats pasta and rice. "It's just all about portion sizes." A sensible amount is 1 cup, about the size of a tennis ball.
- Kendra Wilkinson 'Was Dying of Depression' After Facing 'Demons' From Her Time at Hugh Hefner's Playboy Mansion
- Lisa Simonsen Is 'Proud' of Costar Kendra Wilkinson for 'Completely Reinventing Herself': 'She Turned Everything Around'
- Kendra Wilkinson Not Interested in Reconnecting With Former Costars Holly Madison and Bridget Marquardt: 'I’ve Done the Healing'
8. Eat The Right Fats
"You should keep some fats in your diet if you are breastfeeding. They're good for both mom and baby!" Add avocados; nuts, such as almonds, hazelnuts and pecans; and seeds, such as pumpkin and sesame, to your diet.
9. Adapt Your Schedule So You Have Time To Work Out
"I go to the gym when Hank comes home. We take turns with who gets to work out!" Strive for 30 minutes of exercise each day.
10. Ease Into Exercise
"From carrying a baby for nine months, my back is really messed up. So I've been trying to strengthen my core before I start on crunches."