Good things come to those who wait!
At long last, Bravo has finally revealed the mystery 16 new designers who will strut their stuff on the fifth season of Project Runway — just two days before the show’s premiere on Wednesday. They are:
• Blayne, 23 – Hometown: Yakima, Wash.; Resides in Seattle, Wash.
• Daniel, 25 – Hometown: Great Barrington, Mass.; Resides in Brooklyn, N.Y.
• Emily, 27 – Hometown: Sacramento, Calif.; Resides in Los Angeles, Calif.
• Jennifer, 27 – Hometown: East Syracuse, N.Y.; Resides in Pistoia, Italy
• Jerell, 28 – Hometown: Houston, Texas; Resides in Los Angeles, Calif.
• Jerry, 32 – Hometown: Butte, Mont.; Resides in New York City
• Joe, 41 – Hometown/Resides in: Troy, Mich.
• Keith, 26 – Hometown/Resides in: Salt Lake City, Utah
• Kelli, 27 – Hometown/Resides in: Columbus, Ohio
• Kenley, 25 – Hometown: Pompano Beach, Fla.; Resides in Brooklyn, N.Y.
• Korto, 33 – Hometown: Liberia; Resides in Mabelvale, Ark.
• Leanne, 27 – Hometown: Yuta, Calif.; Resides in Portland, Ore.
• Stella, 42 – Hometown: Astoria, N.Y.; Resides in New York City
• Suede, 37 – Hometown: Seven Hills, Ohio; Resides in Barryville, N.Y.
• Terri, 39 – Hometown: Chicago, Ill.; Resides in Columbus, Ohio
• Wesley, 23 – Hometown: Blackstone, Mass.; Resides in New York City
"I feel as though we set the bar higher every season," hostess Heidi Klum says. "We’ve got some truly talented, innovative and deeply creative designers this year, and I think it’s fair to say, the most diverse – everyone from a rocker chick who mostly works with leather to a more bohemian, surfer boy –and everything in between."
The group features contestants from all over the country — and the world (Korto’s from Liberia; Jennifer resides in Italy) and range in age from 23 (Blayne and Wesley) to 41 (Joe). Looks like no one’s going to be able to trump then-21-year-old Christian Siriano as youngest PR winner then!
For all of your patience, Bravo — who withheld information because the show was still filming — is sharing even more details on the season, revealing challenges (episode titles: "Grass is Always Greener" and "Rings of Glory") and guest judges, which include Diane Von Furstenberg, Sandra Bernhard, Apolo Anton Ohno, Brooke Shields, LL Cool J, RuPaul, Rachel Zoe, Cynthia Rowley and Francisco Costa.
And to promote the new season of Project Runway, TRESemmé is holding a How “Fierce” Is Your Hair Contest. Where hopeful entrants can submit a photo and brief description of their stylin’ strands to tresemme.com from July 16 to August 25 for a chance to win an all expense paid trip to New York City, a year’s supply of TRESemmé hair products, and a dress personally designed for you by Christian Siriano. The winner will be chosen by Christian and Jeanie Syfu. lead TRESemmé stylist for Project Runway, in early September.
The fifth season of Project Runway — and its last on Bravo before heading to Lifetime — premieres Wednesday at 9 p.m.