Courtesy of Instagram
Shake It Up star loves to bake! Try her delectable recipe for strawberry-filled cupcakes. “I love that this is a fun activity to do with your friends,” says Thorne. This yummy recipe serves twelve. Bella Thorne WATCH: Bella Thorne is revealing a dirty little secret! See it here.
INGREDIENTS • 2 cups diced strawberries
• 1.5 cups sugar, divided
• 2tbsp. cornstarch
• 1.67 cups all-purpose flour
• .5 tsp. baking powder
• .25 tsp. baking soda
• .5 tsp. salt
• .5 cup unsalted butter
• 2 egg whites
• .25 cup plain Greek yogurt
• .75 cup milk
• 2 tsp. vanilla
1. Make the strawberry filling: Put the strawberries in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir for 4 minutes. Add .5 cup sugar and cornstarch. Stir until thick (about 2 minutes). Set aside to cool.
2. Make cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place 12 cupcake liners in a pan.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a larger bowl,combine melted butter with 1 cup sugar and stir in egg whites, yogurt, milk and vanilla extract. Stir.
4. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, stirring until there are no lumps and the batter is thick.
5. Ladle batter evenly into cupcake liners and bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely.
6. To fill cupcakes: With a sharp knife cut a hole into the center of each cupcake, about 1/2-inch deep. Put 1 teaspoon of filling inside and cover with cupcake piece you removed.
7. Frost with your favorite icing.
What do you think of this recipe? Do you want to try it? What’s your favorite baked good? Tell us in the comments below or tweet us @OKMagazine.