Ariana Grande‘s new show on Nickelodeon, Sam & Cat, has been a huge smash right out of the gate. The kids’ network ordered a whopping forty episodes for the first season, and it’s one of their most successful shows in years. So a season two is a no-brainer, right? Not so fast.
Deadline reports that the show’s production has almost been shut down due to Grande and co-star Jennette McCurdy‘s displeasure with the show, the network, and each other. McCurdy even posted a long screed on her Twitter on Saturday night explaining why she didn’t attend the Kids’ Choice Awards. “I wish I could explain everything as thoroughly as I would like to, but unfortunately a simpler explanation is all I can write. I was put in an uncomfortable, compromising, unfair situation (many of you have guessed what it is) and I had to look out for me,” she wrote. Hmmm.
It’s not the first time Grande has found herself in some drama. Check out the craziness that has happened in her life in the last year or so:
• Grande broke up with her boyfriend of about a year, Jai Brooks of the YouTube comedy group the Janoskians, and immediately took up with Nathan Sykes of the Wanted. The latter relationship was short-lived, but long enough for Brooks to accuse Grande of cheating on him on Twitter. “Yes I was cheated on. Yes it does suck,” he wrote. “Nathan if you read this, when you hold her hand you better hold it tight because you are holding my world.”
• Grande confessed that her ever-present ’60s style hairstyle is due to hair loss. Her locks got super stressed on the set of Victorius, where she had to constantly dye it bright red for her character. “I wear extensions but I wear it in a ponytail because my actually hair is so broken that it looks absolutely ratchet and absurd when I let it down,” she explained in a rant on Instagram.
• Grande hinted to Seventeen magazine that there was drama on the set of Victorius. “I worked with someone who told me they’d never like me. But for some reason, I just felt like I needed her approval. So I started changing myself to please her,” Grande said, which most fans assumed to be about co-star Victoria Justice.
• Many young viewers assumed that Grande’s new show Sam & Cat was the reason why Victorius was canceled by Nickelodeon, leading them to blame her angrily on social media.
• Grande then retaliated with her own version of events: “Sweetheart the only reason Victorius ended is 1 girl didn’t want to do it. She chose to do a solo tour instead of a cast tour,” she wrote. “I’m tired of this bs.” Victoria Justice responded by saying, ” Some people would throw some1 that they consider a friend under the bus just 2 make themselves look good #StopBeingAPhony #IfTheyOnlyKnew” Ladies, ladies!
What do you think of all the Ariana Grande drama? Do you think it’s just a coincidence? What do you think is happening on the set of Sam & Cat? Tell us in the comments below or tweet us @OKMagazine.