
Palace Pivots: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Pushed to Yesterday's 'Irrelevant' News as Royals Devour Attention

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are reportedly 'falling off the front pages.'
The focus is shifting in Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's ability to command attention.
"I think they are becoming less and less relevant to the news over here, and the royal family will command the attention every time," royal reporter Jennie Bond shared.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle may start living part-time in the U.K.
This insight came as a reply to another question that asked Bond to consider if the ex-working royals coordinate their project announcements with major royal news or events. "I can't honestly imagine that they are sitting there scheming to make announcements on the same day as a royal event. Surely they are bigger than that?"
She added: "It's true that there have been some rather strange coincidences in the past about the timing of some of their announcements."
When compared to the "nightmare" of 2023, 2024 has been a "busy year" for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex so far. The duo attended numerous high-profile events in January and February, which included Harry's taking a trip to London on February 6 to see King Charles after his cancer diagnosis.
Mid-March saw the "soft launch" of Meghan's brand American Riviera Orchard, which included 50 select jars of strawberry jam sent to her friends. The move was quickly labeled as "pandering for celeb influence" and "hypocritically exclusive as always."

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have an ongoing feud with Kate Middleton and Prince William.
These reports come at a time when the one-time "instant clickbait" pair are failing to impress a majority of the public with their non-tell-all projects as the royal family launches several major events.
This led royal expert Richard Eden to claim: "If Harry wants to come back at any stage, he needs to do it while his father [Charles III] is still King."
In the British monarchy, a change of monarch only occurs when a sovereign dies, and their heir then immediately becomes the new king or queen. Eden's remarks implied that Harry and Meghan would likely stand no chance of reconciling with the royals when Prince William accedes to the throne.
"I really think that when Prince William is King, I can’t see him letting Harry come back and have a role again," Eden continued when assessing the situation in a King William royal court. "They are irrelevant now."
- 'Shocked' Prince Harry Resigns From Sentebale After Chair of the Board Reported Charity's 'Abuse of Power': 'It's Devastating'
- Meghan Markle Got Upset 'Vanity Fair' Cover Story Wasn't About Her Philanthropy, Editor Says: She's 'Slightly Adrift on the Facts and Reality'
- Meghan Markle Accused of Faking Kids' St. Patrick's Day Waffles: 'Walking Scam'
Want OK! each day? Sign up here!

Prince Harry and Prince William haven't been photographed together since King Charles' coronation.
This follows an insight from royal author Tom Quinn who told a publication in March: "Both Meghan and Harry still hope that at some point they might be asked back to become working royals on their own terms — it’s a rapidly shrinking possibility, but the couple have talked about this at length and the fact that senior royal numbers are seriously down at the moment has rekindled their hopes."
Some observers feel that with his cancer battle still raging, the 75-year-old monarch should break his oath and resign in favor of his heir, William to "accelerate" the removal of the Sussex titles.

The pair currently live in California.
Powered by RedCircle
Daily Express reported on Bond's comments.