trending in NEWS
- Inside B-Day Card Chris Watts Sent To Nichol: 'Big Things' Will Happen This Year
- Completely 'Disrespectful': Justin Bieber Snaps At Fans Camping Outside His Home
- Is Kourtney Kardashian *Really* Voting For Kanye West For President? See Evidence
- Amanda Bynes, Please? 10 Times The Former Child Star Made Us Cringe
- Singer Christopher Cross Was Left 'Temporarily Paralyzed' After Coronavirus Battle
After the 2020 VMAs moved from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn to various outdoor locations in New York City and Los Angeles, it was clear that the awards show was going to be unlike any other as the performances and awards were shot differently due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
Hundreds of audience members were replaced with shadowy masked fans and the star-studded outfits included dazzling masks this year.
Despite the alterations, the award show remained one for the books. Between the jaw-dropping outfits, speeches honoring the late Chadwick Boseman, and tributes to the Black Lives Matter Movement, the stars continued to use their platforms to take a stand and bring entertainment and joy into the otherwise tragic year.
Take a look at the six most memorable moments of the 2020 MTV VMAs.