1. Amber has never been happier. "We are very happy. I’ve never felt this way about somebody else in my life," Amber said of her husband-to-be.
2. The proposal and engagement are not just for the cameras. "“I don’t stage things for the cameras. I live my life. MTV follows me—I don’t follow them," Amber said. "Everything that is seen on Teen Mom OG is our lives, and this is the way it is. We’ve never tried to do anything to please others. It’s our lives to help others—it’s not just for TV.”
3. Amber won't be sharing photos of her engagement ring. We saw a glimpse of it in the trailer for Teen Mom OG, but Amber insists that the ring is "a personal thing for me" and she's only shared pics of the sparkler with her family.
4. Amber's six-year-old daughter, Leah, approves of her future step-dad. "Boo Boo loves him," Amber told E! News. "They have this natural connection. How? I have no clue. But it's just amazing to me because I was really scared that, 'What if Boo Boo doesn't like him?'
5. There are no immediate wedding plans being made yet. Though Amber's co-stars Catelynn Lowell and Tyler Baltierra confirmed that their wedding date is set for Aug. 22, Amber hasn't officially started planning yet. "We know it's gonna be within the year. We just moved in together a couple months ago, so we really want to learn everything about each other and live this life right now and just make sure everything's straight before we jump the gun on something"
6. Amber's relationship with Matt is completely different than her relationship was with Gary Shirley. "My life now with my new fiancé is amazing and our relationship is completely different than what mine and Gary's was," Amber added. "There's not really fighting or anything like that. It's not perfect, but we're so happy together." Can't wait for the wedding, you two!
Are you excited for Amber and Matt? Tweet us @OKMagazine.