The reality star learned that taking a high dose of a certain kind of decongestant would give a “weird trip that you would never forget,” she obtained a box of 24 decongestant pills.
Jenelle wrote of the incident back in 2006, “I took six pills at first, then waited. I got a little lightheaded but nothing else… I got nothing from it, so I took six more. Where were my hallucinations? Where was my unusual insight to the universe? All I got was a queasy feeling. So, I took six more.”
Jenelle realized that she obtained 24 pills. “I knew something wasn’t right when my heart started beating really fast,” she wrote. “I had some chest pains and felt really sick to my stomach. That’s when I decided to go find my mom and tell her what I had done.”
Jenelle's now estranged mother, Barbara Evans, screamed and panicked when she saw her daughter. She checked on her daughter periodically while Jenelle was resting and waiting for the symptoms to pass.
Jenelle's second overdose occurred with her ex-boyfriend, Kieffer Delp. “I did a lot of heroin and weed,” she wrote. “That was all I did. Just smoked and shot up and laid around chillin.'”
About a week into the drug use, Jenelle woke up on the bathroom floor after a blackout. “I had no idea how long I was out or what I did during that time,” she said. “It was scary, not knowing. I asked Kieffer why I was lying on the f*****g floor. Kieffer said I passed out.” When she asked why he didn’t decide to bring her to the hospital while she was passed out, he replied, “Sometimes that just happens.”
“He meant that it was just a thing that happened on heroin,” she penned. “Sometimes you just blackout. Sometimes you lie around on the bathroom floor while your boyfriend enjoys his high… Sometimes you go down and you don’t get back up.”
Will you be reading Jenelle's new book? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section!