When you've experimented with as many looks as Madonna, it takes a serious stroke of creativity to come up with a new spin on an old favorite. For the premiere of her MDNA tour documentary on Tuesday night in New York, Madge's makeup artist Sammy H. Mourabit drew inspiration from Marlene Deitrich's stunning 1930's look in her film Morocco. Wanna know how he did it? Follow the breakdown below!
• To achieve Madonna’s flawless complexion, Sammy first hydrated Madonna's face with Votre Vu Attentive Crème de Jour for Sensitive Skin without forgetting the neck with Portrait Collar Restorative Neck Crème. He then dabbed Votre Vu’s Love Me Deux Concealer in Champagne under her eyes and also on the darker areas of her skin, to even out her skin tone.
• One of the tricks he used was mixing the Love Me Deux Nourishing Moisture Tint in Champagne with the Attentive to achieve a dewy look. Next, he accentuated her cheekbones by contouring them with Votre Vu’s Beaute en Bronze Tantalizing Bronzer Duo.
• To create a 30s eyebrow, he first groomed the brows with a brush, and then applied the Arch de Triumphe Daily Brow Definer in Warm inside the natural eyebrow line. The thinner line captures that 30’s look. To cover the excess natural hair, he dabbed some Votre Vu Love Me Deux Concealer in Champagne, giving the illusion of a clean, groomed eye without the need for over-plucking.
• For the lips, Sammy first contoured them in a heart shape reminiscent of the 30’s style with the Drawmatic Lip Liner in Naked (coming out in September). He followed by mixing two shades of the French Kiss Moisture Riche Lipstick (coming out in September) for a luminous and voluptuous effect. He applied the darker tone, Margaux, to the outer lines of the lip and the lighter tone, Annette, to the inner lip.
• On the lashes, he used Eiffel Power Mascara only in the center of the eyelashes. To intensify the 30s look, he added some false lashes to the outer corner of the eye.
What's your favorite Madonna look? Tell us in the comments below or tweet @OKMagazine.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!