The MTV Video Music Awards all for a stunning red carpet look, so when celebrity hair stylist Sarah Potempa set out to create Ellie Goulding's hair look, she took some inspiration from that killer gown. "With such a gorgeous, glam dress, we wanted the hair to feel easy, textured, and cool," she says.
Get the look with Sarah's easy tips:
• Apply a volumizing product, like Aussie's Spray Gel, to damp hair.
• Loosely blow dry while twisting pieces away from the face to add texture.
• Using the SARAHPOTEMPA Ceramic Styling Iron, roll hair over the blow out attachments to create volume and texture.
• Spray flexible hairspray to give definition in the hair.
• Alternately, you can also use The Beachwaver to create this look by leaving 2 inches of hair out at the bottom when you clamp it in to create a bend in the middle of the hair.