Kerry Washington looked perfectly playful on the Teen Choice Awards red carpet Sunday afternoon, wearing a girly pink Stella McCartney dress. To balance out the sweet style, her glam squad chose to add a hint of rock star edge to her beauty look. Copy it with these easy breakdowns:
Celebrity stylist Marcus Francis is responsible for Kerry’s pretty, tousled locks. We wanted keep her hair fun, not too fussy, and with a bit of rock ‘n roll to it,” he says. “I cut the bangs and gave the hair a slept in texture.”
• Apply Rene Furterer Mousse Vegetal to the hair combing it through from roots to ends. Blow dry hair with a medium-size round brush.
• Using two different size curling irons (3/4" and 1 1/4") wrap random pieces of hair from roots to ends in different directions, and create bends in the hair by wrapping around the iron once. Spray each section with Davines Structuring Mist hairspray
• Let the hair set unpinned for 10 minutes before brushing out with a Mason Pearson paddle brush, then lift small sections of hair and spray Oribe Dry Conditioner to give soft airiness to the texture and volume.
- Meghan Markle Attends Another Beyoncé Concert With Celebs, Prince Harry Nowhere in Sight
- Kerry Washington Sends 'Love' & 'Prayers' To 'Movie Huzbin' Jamie Foxx As Actor Continues To Recover From Serious 'Medical Complication'
- The View's Whoopi Goldberg Awkwardly Shuts Down Cohosts & Guest Kerry Washington During Cringeworthy Discussion
• Tease the crown and lightly smooth out for subtle height. Seal in shine on the bangs with Pantene Smoothing Balm with a dime size amount using your fingertips.
Makeup artist Carola Gonzalez created a subtle eye and dramatic lashes with a bold red lip, pairing perfectly with the Kerry’s textured strands and flirty frock.
Carola suggests starting with concealer, highlighting the area under the eyes, nose bridge, middle of the forehead and chin to create dimension and prep the face for foundation application.
On Kerry she used Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in Shade 9 and Armani Maestro Eraser Concealer in Shade 5, then brushed the apples of her cheeks with Lancome Blush Subtil in Shimmer Pink Pool.
For the eyes, Carola used Lancome Color Design 5-Pan-Palette in Lavender Grace, then lined them with Lancome’s new Artliner 24H in Black Diamond before coating Kerry’s lashes in Lancome Hypnose Star mascara.
What’s sexier than a red lip? Not much! Carola painted Kerry’s pout with Lancome Color Design Lipcolor in Red Haute.
Which star killed it on the Teen Choice red carpet Sunday night? Tell us in the comments below or tweet @OKMagazine.