Fitness guru Richard Simmons has been staying out of the limelight lately, but made headlines this week after battling a health issue. According to ABC, he spent time in the hospital after suffering "severe indigestion."
However, the 68-year-old got fantastic news, and is already doing a lot better, which is great especially considering Richard recently signed a new business deal as he heads back to the bright lights. But his break from fame was on purpose, as he told ABC previously, "No one should be worried about me," he said. "It was time for me to take some time to be by myself." Totally understandable.
- Richard Simmons' Rep Shares Rare Update on the Reclusive Star as He Turns 75
- Breaking His Silence: Richard Simmons Insists He's 'Happy & Healthy' After Documentary About His Disappearance Debuts
- Suzanne Somers Reveals Richard Simmons Was Struggling With Insecurity & 'Heartache' Before His Disappearance
Meanwhile, Michael Catalano told ABC about Richard's hospitalization, "Richard Simmons was hospitalized on Monday at an undisclosed location in California. After a few days of battling severe indigestion and discomfort while eating, we agreed it was best for him to seek treatment.”
He continued, "He’s already feeling better and is expected to make a full recovery.”
What are your thoughts on Richard's return to the spotlight? Let us know in the comments section.