MARS the Salon is one of the hottest nail art destinations in LA (Busy Phillips is a regular), which is why we had owner Hiroko Fujikawa hook us up with this fun, 4th of July-inspired tutorial. Read, paint, insta, enjoy!
Get the Look:
1. File nails into desired shape and apply base coat.
2. Apply two coats of red polish to thumb.
3. Apply two coats of blue polish to index and pinky fingers (for added sparkle, use a polish that has a hint of glitter).
4. Apply two coats of white polish to middle finger.
5. Using nail glue, carefully apply silver rhinestones to ring finger.
6. American Flag (middle finger): Using a precision art brush, dip into blue polish and draw a small box at the right base corner of nail (fill in completely). Using nail polish remover, clean brush and dip into silver polish to draw small stars inside of box. Clean brush again and then dip into red polish to create small horizontal stripes.
8. Apply top coat to all nails to seal and add shine!
What do you think of this fun design? Will you be rocking it at your summer BBQ? Sound off in the comments below or on Twitter @OKMagazine!