Right now I am all about The Bling Ring and its cast of super hot stars. Actress Claire Julien stunned at a New York screening of the Sofia Coppola-directed flick in an Emilio Pucci dress, but the real standout was her knotted halo braid crafted by celebrity hairstylist Christopher Naselli.
"For this event, we wanted a fresh look that was youthful and sexy, yet playful with the right amount of elegance" he explains.
Christopher offers up his step-by-step instructions for recreating the style here, using Oribe Hair Care products:
• Apply Grandiose Hair Plumping Mousse to damp hair from roots to mid-shaft for maximum volume and texture, and then a few drops of Gold Lust Nourishing Hair Oil from mid-shaft to ends for smoother ends. Rough dry hair with fingers, lifting only at the roots.
• Create a messy side part and lightly mist top and side sections with Volumista Mist for Volume, blasting with a blow dryer while you spray to add a second layer of texture.
• Start to braid at the left temple, angling back and down just under the occipital bone.
• Braid the side and back into a French braid, working your way all the way around to just under the right ear. At this point, take remaining hair and tie it into knots until you run out of hair. Secure ends with an elastic, then bend up and across the top of the head leaving out the fringe. Tuck the ends of the braid and secure with pins to the top of the head.
• Work your way around the braid, misting with Thick Dry Finishing Spray, then open the braid by pulling the sides to create a bigger, looser feel.
• Tuck the fringe behind the ear, or just leave out for a softer feel.
• Finish with Superfine Hair Spray for hold.