2. Neil is right. There should always be dance montages. I’m a little sad there wasn’t one in this opening number, if I’m being honest.
4. A good Paula Deen joke is surprisingly hard to pull off, but Neil did it. Making a brief race joke, and then adding “Too soon? Not soon enough!” was pretty genius.
5. I’m sure we all have our own favorite host among the line-up of greatest hits that came up on stage, but mine is Conan O’Brien. Thus, yay! A Conan O’Brien appearance! Hurray!
6. Kevin Spacey appeared as an evil genius. How is he a dramatic actor with better comedic timing than every other comedian on that stage?! A mystery.
8. Amy and Tina transitioned right into presenting an award.
9. Amy and Tina purposefully fell up the steps. God, I love you guys so hard.
What was your favorite part of the opening number? Do you think Neil Patrick Harris should just host everything? Tell us in the comments below or tweet us @OKMagazine.