It’s an international holiday today, or at least it should be. One of our favorite actors, the British and brilliant Benedict Cumberbatch is celebrating his 37th birthday today!
How can we begin to celebrate the man that has entertained us so much? Let’s take a look at some of his best moments ever.
1. Benedict used his plane time wisely and made a Harlem Shake video—with just his fingers! It’s silly, but honestly I don’t think I’ve seen a better one yet:
2. His gushing over Matt Damon! He recently told Vulture that he respects Matt so much and would love to have a conversation with him, “And then cut to a hot night where we’re all getting drunk and dancing and having a good time!” Yes please! Are we invited?
3. Dare I say Benedict really showed his range as an actor in his message for the Comic-Con audience? Played during the Sherlock panel at the nerd fest yesterday, this video left all in the audience and well, on the Internet, intrigued:
4. Uh, this. Obviously.
5. He’s officiating his friend’s wedding! He told Vulture all about it, and let’s just say we wouldn’t mind being on that guest list either.
6. While we’re at it why don’t we just take a peek at where we left off on Sherlock?
7. Did you know Star Trek Into Darkness is out on DVD on September 10th? Not like we’re counting down the days until we can watch his incredible performance from the comfort of our couches…(yes we are).
So let’s see, we’ve covered Sherlock, STID, the Harlem Shake, and a shirtless video? Yeah, can’t think of much better than that!
Wishing Benedict a happy and successful 37th year, where we can’t wait to see him on every screen possible, from all of us here at OKMagazine.com!
What are you looking forward to most this year from Benedict? One of his films? The return of Sherlock (obviously)? Something else we missed? Tell us in the comments below or on Twitter @OKMagazine.