Colton Underwood was not expecting his ex-girlfriend Cassie Randolph to file a restraining order against him, a source told Us Weekly following the bombshell news. In fact, the outlet also reports that the former flames — who met during season 23 of The Bachelor — were even working together!
According to Us Weekly, Underwood, 28, and Randolph, 25, were filming a reality show together "about their lives post-breakup." A source said: "They were in production all summer. However, they both had since pulled out."
On Friday, September 11, Randolph submitted paperwork against the reality star in Los Angeles. In documents obtained by TMZ, Randolph claimed Underwood had been stalking and harassing her with uncomfortable text messages. The graduate student also claimed that the athlete put a tracking device on her so he would know her location at all times.
Randolph also claimed that Underwood had shown up to her Los Angeles apartment and her parent's home in Huntington Beach, California, in the middle of the night. Additionally, the blonde beauty alleged that Underwood accused her of hanging out with her ex, Caelan Tiongson, whom she dated before going on the reality show.
"She was in touch with her ex while they were together — the guy that she met on the other reality show she was on before The Bachelor," the source shared. "She was seeing him after they broke up."
The former flames called it quits in May after dating for nearly two years, and it seemed like they were on good terms. "It's been a crazy few months to say the least, Cass and I have been doing a lot of self-reflecting. Sometimes people are just meant to be friends — and that's OK," Underwood wrote at the time. "We both have grown immensely and been through so much together — so this isn't the end of our story, it's the start of a whole new chapter for us."
In July, Randolph shared how she's been doing since she split from Underwood during The Bachelor: The Greatest Seasons — Ever! "Going through any breakup is hard, but then going through one publicly comes with a whole new set of challenges that … I’ve never gone through any of this before," she shared. "We're both learning how to navigate it."
However, the Indiana native was not pleased with his ex after she spoke about their relationship on television and thought they were handling things "privately."
Later on, Underwood revealed he was actually upset with the ABC franchise for asking Randolph uncomfortable questions during the July special and praised his ex for handling it with grace. "I love the girl and miss the girl dearly," he shared on Reality Steve's podcast in August. "Cass stayed extremely professional and extremely quiet about our breakup, which I was so happy and thankful for."
But Underwood plans to release a new chapter of his memoir, The First Time, in January 2021, which will give fans a glimpse into what really happened between the two of them — with Randolph's blessing, of course. "I know it's my book but like, there was more than just the breakup that was going to go into the book, the extra chapter," he dished.
"The chapter is part our breakup and part me having COVID-19," he added. "We go into the details we’re comfortable sharing in that chapter and we both went over it together … Honestly, I think her being a part of it made it even better."