1. Set your alarm five minutes earlier, and use that time to stretch and get the blood flowing.
2. Take the stairs instead of the elevator if you can. You’ll have rock-hard buns in no time.
3. Try to include a serving of any dairy product in your diet every day to make sure your bones stay health and strong
4. Pick up this super food: Eating a papaya will give you a day’s worth of vitamins A and C, and potassium.
5. Bring your own air-popped popcorn to the movies and save yourself hundreds of calories.
6. Eat a small salad before lunch and dinner. This will fill you up and you won’t overindulge in desserts.
7. Drink a glass of water as soon as you wake up in the morning to flush out the toxins and kick-start your metabolism.
8. Try to eat every color of the rainbow in a day. An apple, butternut squash, yellow
peppers, spinach and blueberries are a good way to start.
9. Every day, write down one simple thing that you love about yourself. We are often way too hard on ourselves. Take it easy and be kind to yourself.
10. When you start to feel those hunger pangs coming, drink a glass of water. We often confuse thirst with hunger.
11. Give someone a compliment every day. It’ll make both of you feel good–and you never know: maybe love will blossom.
12. Every time you brush your teeth brush your tongue. Your mouth will feel extra fresh, and it lessens the chance of nasty bacteria staying in your mouth and causing bad breath.
13. Get off the bus or the train one stop before you normally would. Those extra steps can do wonders for your waist.
14. Have water or diet soda instead of full-sugar soda. It’s an easy way to eradicate a lot of calories from your diet.
15. Spend 15 minutes outdoors every morning. Daylight has been shown to reduce symptoms of depression.
16. Use a basket instead of a cart when grocery shopping. Your arms will thank you!
17. Leave your Blackberry at home one night a week. Your mind and your honey will thank you.
18. Keep sugar-free gum in your pocket. A garlic packet lunch, a kiss with your boyfriend or a chat with that cute guy from the deli: You never know when you’re going to need it.
19. Catching up with an old friend? Meet at a park where you can stroll, instead of your favorite pastry shop.
20. Smile at a stranger––it boosts your endorphins and will make you feel good.