It's July and you know what that means (okay, maybe you don't but now ya do)—it's National Blueberry Month! The Chic Wife's Kris Schoels has whipped up a fabulous Lemon Blueberry Protein Pancake that will do wonders for a breakfast routine gone blah.
Lemon Blueberry Protein Pancake
1/4 cup of vanilla protein powder (I use Designer Whey)
2 tablespoons of coconut flour
1 tbsp of oat flour
1 tsp of baking powder
pinch of salt
1/4 cup of almond milk
1/4 cup of egg whites
1-2 tsp of lemon extract or 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
sweetener of choice (I use Stevia)
1/4 cup of blueberries
1/4 cup of greek yogurt
1 tsp of honey
• Spray a small oven safe skillet with coconut oil or cooking spray
• In a medium sized bowl mix together the protein powder, coconut flour, oat flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
• In a small bowl whisk together the almond milk, egg whites, lemon extract, and sweetener
• Mix together the wet and dry ingredients, gently stir in the blueberries
• Turn on the broiler in your oven to medium (for after you cook it on the stovetop)
• Heat the nonstick skillet on medium heat, once the pan is hot pour in all of the batter. Cook until the outside ring of the batter is bubbled and looks a bit dry
• Place the pan into oven and broil it until the top is cooked and springs back when touched, about 3 minutes
• Remove from oven, top with yogurt + honey, and lemon zest!