It’s the holiday season, which means we (okay, me!) can’t help but chow down on Christmas cookies and holiday ham (and then there’s the seven days of Kwanzaa, oh delicious goodness!).
Knowing that the New Year – and new healthy resolutions – are right around the corner, I called on The Biggest Loser winner Michelle Aguilar for some helpful hints on how not to pig out during the season to be jolly.
Here’s Michelle’s top tips:
• Remember that food is fuel. Try not to over-indulge.
• Even though it is cold outside, try to be consistent with your exercises. You can use your own body weight for things like lunges, squats, push-ups, etc. and even do them at home.
• Drink some warm water before a big meal. It will help you to feel full faster.
• Bring your own healthy snacks so you’re not tempted to binge.
• When all else fails, whiten your teeth to fight cravings.
All good things to remember, except when my sister’s slicing into her famous sweet potato pie. (I promise, only one small slice!)
Catch the new season of The Biggest Loser: Couples, Tuesday, Jan. 6 at 8 p.m. on NBC.