If Jay Leno thought Conan O'Brien had buried the hatchet over his Tonight Show ousting, he should think again.
Talking seriously to 60 Minutes in an interview airing on Sunday, the funny man opens up about his feelings about his old late night rival, essentially accusing him of stabbing him in the back, reports E! Online.
"He went and took that show back and I think in a similar situation, if roles had been reversed, I know...I know me, I wouldn't have done that," said Conan.
"If I had surrendered The Tonight Show and handed it over to somebody publicly and wished them well and then…six months later. But that's me, you know. Everyone's got their own, you know, way of doing things."
So, how should Jay have handled the situation? "Done something else, go someplace else," said Conan. "I mean, that's just me."
And even though NBC asked him to shift the Tonight Show to 12:05 am, Conan didn't feel that the network had his best interests at heart.
- Jay Leno Breaks Collarbone & Ribs In Motorcycle Crash 2 Months After Being Hospitalized For Severe Burns
- Jay Leno Reveals What Caused Terrifying Garage Explosion That Left Him With Third-Degree Facial Burns
- Jay Leno Jokes He's Got 'A Brand New Face' After Comedian Suffered Severe Burns From Gasoline Fire
"I think this relationship is going be toxic and maybe we just need to go our separate ways," he recalled thinking.
"That's really how it felt to me…and I started to feel that I'm not sure these people even really want me here…I can't do it."