Corinne Olympios is ready to put the Bachelor In Paradise sex scandal behind her.
For the first time since production was halted on the ABC dating show, the reality star has opened up to tell her side of the story.
“Well of course, anything like this, it takes a toll on you,” Corinne told People. “It’s not easy to deal with. I feel like it was kind of out of my hands and blown into the media. It’s not really how I wanted it. I obviously would’ve rather handled something like this privately. It’s embarrassing. It’s really hard. There’s no feeling like it – having to wake up every day knowing that this is going on, that people and the media are judging you.”
As previously reported, there were “allegations of misconduct” after and Corinne and DeMario Jackson engaged in a sexual encounter during the first day of filming, which led to the show shutting down production and sending the cast home. Warner Bros. then launched an internal investigation, which ultimately concluded no misconduct had occurred.
“At that point in time, I saw myself as a victim of having something this serious happen to you and have the media paint you a certain way that you know you aren’t and having all these people make their judgments and comments and they don’t even know what happened or went on,” she said.
“That’s what I’m a victim of. I never meant that I was a victim of DeMario,” she admitted. “I strongly believe he had no bad intentions at all. It was all good. It was unfortunate that no one really knew how intoxicated I actually was at the time. I believe that nobody knew that. It was nobody’s fault. I was a victim of not really knowing what happened at the time. We were just really trying to get to bottom of everything.”
As OK! readers know, Corinne previously released a statement where she claimed, “I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4. Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production.”
The reality star will tell more of her story on Tuesday night’s episode of Bachelor In Paradise for her first televised interview since the incident.
“I’m really happy that this is finally coming to an end,” Corinne told the mag.
The Miami native’s sit down comes just one week after DeMario’s tell-all interview with BIP host, Chris Harrison.
What do you think about Corinne’s latest statement? Sound off in the comments!