The Super Bowl is less than a week away and that means so are the parties! Whether you are tailgating at the big game, hosting a party or just a guest at a friend's home, eating healthy on game day is never easy. Luckily, Jillian Michaels sends her best advice! Whether you’re rooting for the Green Bay Packers or Pittsburgh Steelers, or just want to see The Black Eyed Peas halftime show, catch Jillian’s six healthy eating tips below! The Biggest Loser judge and fitness guru even offers a healthy nachos recipe! Catch her tips below!
1. Snacking is a hard habit to break... So don't! Choose a healthier chip alternative like my favorite one, popchips, which is popped not fried and forgo the fried unhealthy chips like Doritos and Cheetos.
2. Steer clear of calorie-filled condiments! It’s important to avoid high calorie condiments like ketchup, mustard and mayo. Instead, garnish your football fare with avocado and fresh organic veggies.
3. Watch your alcohol consumption. If possible, skip alcohol completely this Super Bowl Sunday or, at the very least, go with a light beer that is low in calories.
4. Guilt-free nachos! Nachos and cheese are a staple of many game day fiestas. Instead of nachos drenched in cheese opt for sides of black beans, guacamole, fresh salsa and plain Greek yogurt with organic corn chips.
5. Choose a healthier burger! For most, football Sunday’s go hand in hand with burgers. Instead of greasy, fatty meats go for a healthier option of lean grass fed or corn fed beef.
6. Buns that won't send you running for the Stairmaster! Bread consumption is a major issue for most looking to lose weight and trim down in the New Year. This Super Bowl Sunday, substitute bleached white bread for whole grain buns when eating your game day sandwiches.