BREAKING NEWS
OK LogoNEWS

Steve Carell Won't Be Pulling a Jay Leno in his Departure from 'The Office'

2010__10__wenn3033118 194×300.jpg

Oct. 4 2010, Published 1:00 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to XShare to Email

Steve Carell is set to leave his hit show the Office next season and the funny man assures fans that he won’t be pulling a Jay Leno by deciding to stay at the last minute.

When asked by reporters at Comedy Central’s A Night of Too Many Stars event who would be his worst replacement, Steve joked, “The worst person? Actually, the worst person would be me. Like at the 11th hour say, “You know what? I’m going to stay.” That would be the worst.”

Article continues below advertisement

OK! NEWS: THE OFFICE CAST PUTS ON MUSICAL NUMBER FOR STEVE CARELL'S FINAL SEASON

After announcing his departure from late night television earlier this year and finding a replacement, Jay Leno decided to come back to his talk show, but Steve says the same situation will most likely not happen with him.

“That would not be a good thing!” the 48-year-old laughed on Saturday in NYC.

If Steve is definitely out of the picture, then who will replace him?

MORE ON:
Jay Leno

OK! NEWS: REPLACEMENT FOUND FOR STEVE CARELL ON THE OFFICE?

“I don’t know. I honestly don’t know,” the Date Night star told reporters, “I thought about it, but I think that’s left to the executive producers to make that call.”

The Office airs Wednesdays on NBC.

Reporting by Darla Murray

Advertisement

Want OK! each day? Sign up here!

Opt-out of personalized ads

© Copyright 2024 OK!. A DIVISION OF EMPIRE MEDIA GROUP HOLDINGS LLC. OK! is a registered trademark. All rights reserved. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Cookies Policy. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services. Offers may be subject to change without notice.