The opulent décor at Lisa Vanderpump’s latest restaurant, Pump Lounge, is inspired by the time she spent living in the south of France, but the menu is all Italian. One of Lisa’s favorite dishes—which she created with chef Penny Davidi and even cooks at home—is pasta with a classic Arrabbiata sauce, kicked up with sausage.
"This dish is spicy and packed with flavor," says Lisa. Give it a try!
• 2 tbsp. olive oil
• 1/4 red onion, julienned
• 1/2 tbsp. slivered garlic
• 1/2 red pepper, julienned
• 1/2 cup Italian sausage
• 1/4 cup white wine
• 1/2 tbsp. Mascarpone cheese
• 1/2 cup Arrabbiata (spicy, tomato-based) sauce from a jar or your own recipe
• 1 1/2 cups cooked pasta of your choice
• 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, halved
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Basil and radicchio, chiffonaded (cut into long strips), as garnish
1. Heat olive oil in 9-inch saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and red pepper, then sauté till tender.
2. Add Italian sausage and brown slightly.
3. Next pour in white wine.
4. Mix in Mascarpone cheese and Arrabbiata sauce.
5. Add cooked, drained pasta and Kalamata olives; toss.
6. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Divide into three portions and top with basil and radicchio to serve.
Total time: 50 minutes
What is your favorite pasta recipe? Would you ever want to try Lisa's new restaurant? Tell us in the comments below or tweet us @OKMagazine.