Pumpkin fanatics, this one's for you! Chef Lizzy Milian combines two of our favorite autumnal desserts into one indulgent dish with her Pumpkin Pie Bread Pudding. Prepare to swoon.
Pumpkin Pie Bread Pudding
courtesy of Lizzy Milian
1c pumpkin purée
1 Challah bread
1c sugar( split)
1/2c brown sugar
2c whole milk
1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2c brown butter ( split)
1/2c powdered sugar
Honey Pecans (optional)
Whisk together 1/4 cup brown butter and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Set aside
Preheat oven to 350*
1. Slice Challah into cubes. Let sit out a few hours to dry out. Bake in oven until crusty and moisture removed.
2. In a small bowl combine pumpkin, 1/4 cup brown butter, pumpkin pie spice and 1/4 cup brown sugar. Set aside.
3. In medium sized bowl, combine eggs, milk, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup white sugar and and pinch pie spice. Whisk together.
4. Place 1/2 of the challah cubes in a lightly greased cake pan. Pour 1/2 milk mixture into challah and allow it to absorb. Spoon 3/4 of pumpkin mixture on top of challah cubes. Add remaining challah cubes as well as milk mixture. Top with remaining pumpkin mix. Bake 45 min - 1 hour or until golden brown and liquids have been absorbed .
5. Top with brown butter icing and chopped pecans . Serve warm or cold.
What's your favorite pumpkin dessert? Tell us in the comments or tweet @OKMagazine.