Chef Lizzy Milian will soon be showing off her mad culinary skills on the E! reality series Christina Milian Turned Up (that's right, the singer is her sister) but before then she's sharing some of her favorite recipes with OK!. This week, to celebrate football season, Lizzy whips up Hummus Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers.
Hummus Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers
10-15 jalapeños, red & green
1 can chickpeas
1-2oz olive oil
1/3c shredded cheddar cheese
1/2c panko flakes (bread crumbs)
1. Blend chickpeas, and a couple pinches cayenne pepper in a food processor. Slowly add in olive oil (don't make hummus runny)
2. Fold cheese into hummus and set aside.
3. Slice jalapeños in half, removing veins and seeds.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs and milk.
5. Stuff jalapeños with hummus/cheese mixture.
6. Dip jalapeños in flour, then into egg mixture and then dip into Panko flakes.
7. Place jalapeños on a light sprayed pan. Spray poppers lightly with cooking oil and place in oven at 375. Bake about 20 minutes or until Panko becomes browned.
Do you have a favorite tailgate snack? Share it in the comments or tweet @OKMagazine.