PoliticsDonald Trump Prefers a Male Successor for Outgoing Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt, 'Not Quite Sold' on CNN's Scott Jennings: Source

Donald Trump is reportedly taking his time when it comes to filling Karoline Leavitt's position of White House press secretary.
Aug. 20 2026, Published 2:41 p.m. ET
Donald Trump is reportedly taking a completely different route in his search for a new White House press secretary following Karoline Leavitt's announced exit earlier this month.
The POTUS, 80, preferably wants Leavitt's successor to be a man, as the move would "stave off comparisons" to her, sources told NOTUS on Wednesday, August 19.
Donald Trump Is in 'No Rush' to Fill Karoline Leavitt's Position

Karoline Leavitt's departure from the White House was announced on August 12.
Insiders said that Trump is "in no rush" to fill the position, as the White House would return to how it was operating when Leavitt, 28, was on maternity leave before giving birth to her second child, daughter Viviana, in May.
During that time, Vice President J.D. Vance and multiple cabinet members, including Secretary of State Marco Rubio and Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent, held press briefings.
Trump announced Leavitt's departure from the White House on August 12, citing her desire to "spend more time with her beautiful young children and family."
Who Is President Donald Trump Considering for Press Secretary?

Scott Jennings is reportedly being considered for the role of White House press secretary.
Multiple outlets reported that Scott Jennings, a conservative media pundit, was being considered the role.
Sources told NOTUS that Trump was "not sold on the idea," and predicted that "all of the attention on the president’s close aide Natalie Harp could catapult her into the position."
"She was on OANN,” the insider said, referring to her previous position as a One America News Network host. The source claimed that the media is going to "make her press secretary."
- Donald Trump Repeatedly Called Karoline Leavitt Asking When She Would Be Back From Brief Maternity Leave Before Her Resignation, Insiders Claim
- Donald Trump's Press Secretary Search Turns Into a Fight Over Who Can Survive the Podium
- New Twist in Kennedy Center Fight: Historic Marble Front Was Damaged When Donald Trump's Name Was Fixed Onto Building, Lawsuit Claims
Want OK! each day? Sign up here!
Who Is Natalie Harp?

Natalie Harp joined President Donald Trump's team in 2022.
Harp, who serves as Trump's executive assistant, made headlines earlier this week after Georgia Senator Jon Ossoff singled her out during a speech on Sunday, August 16.
"He golfs and trades stocks," Ossoff, 39, who is seeking reelection this November, said of Trump. "See, he doesn't want to do the job; he wants to build his ballroom and travel with Natalie to their apparently defenseless flying palace gifted by the Emir of Qatar."
Jon Ossoff's Comments Received Flurry of Reactions

Jon Ossoff mentioned Donald Trump's executive assistant during a speech on August 16.
Ossoff's comments have sparked a flurry of reactions, with people on both sides of the political spectrum sharing their strong opinions.
The jab marked a rare instance where a prominent lawmaker brought speculation surrounding the president's inner circle and staff relationships into the spotlight on the campaign trail.
Megyn Kelly said Ossoff's comments were "despicable," claiming that he was "clearly implying" that Harp and Trump were having an affair.
Meanwhile, Jennings, 48, was blasted during a CNN NewsNight panel for not having similar criticism for Trump, who has made several public controversial statements toward women.


