or
Sign in with lockrMail
BREAKING NEWS
Article continues below advertisement
OK LogoPolitics

Donald Trump Accuses 'VANDALS' of Ruining National Mall Grass After His July 4 Event

Photo of Donald Trump
Source: MEGA

Donald Trump accused vandals of damaging the National Mall grass after his Independence Day event on July 4.

Aug. 17 2026, Updated 11:07 a.m. ET

Article continues below advertisement

Donald Trump blamed vandals for the dead grass on the National Mall.

On Truth Social, the president wrote, "Look what VANDALS did to the grass connecting the vandalized World War II Monument and the vandalized Reflecting Pool, which will be opened again, and better than ever, shortly."

Article continues below advertisement

Image of Donald Trump accused vandals for the patches of brown and dead grass near the World War II Memorial.
Source: MEGA

Donald Trump accused vandals for the patches of brown and dead grass near the World War II Memorial.

He shared a photo of an area by the World War II Memorial, where the 4th of July celebrations were held. The picture featured patches of brown and dead grass across much of the sprawling turf previously full of green grass.

While he did not offer any evidence or explanation as to why he believes vandals damaged the grass, Trump added, "Anybody who thinks the Reflecting Pool wasn’t vandalized should go back to Law School!"

Article continues below advertisement

Donald Trump Had a Large Stage Built on the Same Lawn for Independence Day

Image of Donald Trump's Independence Day event celebrations were done on the same turf of lawn that he accused the vandals of damaging.
Source: MEGA

Donald Trump's Independence Day event celebrations were done on the same turf of lawn that he accused the vandals of damaging.

Meanwhile, to celebrate the nation’s 250th anniversary in July, the president had a large stage built on the same lawn, with huge crowds invited to the event.

Per the New York Post, footage from the celebration showed a large bandstand and seating covering most of the lawn that Trump later said vandals had damaged.

Photos taken afterward showed workers removing the structures and exposing brown, damaged grass underneath.

MORE ON:
Donald Trump

Want OK! each day? Sign up here!

Article continues below advertisement

An Arrest Was Recently Made Regarding Vandalism at the World War II Memorial

Image of Donald Trump lashed out at Pirro after her office concluded that damage to the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool was due to poor construction and not the work of vandals.
Source: MEGA

Donald Trump lashed out at Pirro after her office concluded that damage to the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool was due to poor construction and not the work of vandals.

On Friday, an arrest was made after reported vandalism at the World War II Memorial. The words "Clean hands dirty $" were reportedly found painted on the monument, and bubbles filled a fountain.

Felony charges were brought against Melissa L. Farris, according to US Attorney for the District of Columbia Jeanine Pirro. The document did not mention the once-grassy area Trump referenced in his latest Truth Social post.

Earlier this month, Trump criticized Pirro after her office said damage to the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool was caused by poor construction and rushed installation ahead of Independence Day events - not vandals, as Trump claimed.

Image of other snippets of the area of dead grass shared by Donald Trump appeared to show the numbers '86 47,' which Trump called 'a pure case of VANDALISM.'
Source: MEGA

Other snippets of the area of dead grass shared by Donald Trump appeared to show the numbers '86 47,' which Trump called 'a pure case of VANDALISM.'

On August 1, the president shared another image of the same area of dead grass, which appeared to show the numbers "86 47." While federal officials argued it was a threat against Trump, the numbers were not visible in the pictures he shared on Sunday.

Citing it as evidence refuting Pirro’s conclusion, Trump called it "a pure case of VANDALISM, that included the grass," per the New York Post.

He wrote, "There may have been some contractor difficulty, but the major damage was caused by VANDALS!"

More From OK! Magazine

    © Copyright 2026 OK!™️. A DIVISION OF MYSTIFY ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK INC. OK! is a registered trademark. All rights reserved. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Cookies Policy. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services. Offers may be subject to change without notice.