NEWSShannon Elizabeth Says She Doesn't 'Plan on Dating Again' After Recent Divorce: 'Too Many Con Artists Out There'

Shannon Elizabeth revealed why she has no interest in dating again after her divorce.
Aug. 17 2026, Published 4:58 p.m. ET
Shannon Elizabeth is putting romance on pause after finalizing her divorce in May.
“I'm very newly single, and I don’t plan on ever dating again, to be honest,” the actress said during an appearance on Bill Maher’s "Club Random" podcast.
Maher asked Elizabeth about the dating scene in Cape Town, where she has lived since moving to South Africa in 2016 to focus on wildlife conservation.
“I do not want to date,” Elizabeth told the host. “I’m not interested. There’s too many con artists out there. There’s too many people I don’t trust. I have no interest.”
Bill Maher Challenged Shannon Elizabeth’s Dating Decision

Shannon Elizabeth said OnlyFans is the only relationship she needs after her divorce.
Elizabeth, who became widely known for playing Nadia in 1999’s American Pie, made it clear that she is content without a romantic partner.
“At the moment, I’m perfectly fine not being with anyone and not wanting anything,” she admitted.
Instead, Elizabeth said she is enjoying the direct connection she has formed through the subscription platform.
“The only relationships I need are the relationships on OnlyFans that I’m building with all of these people,” she revealed.

Bill Maher reminded Shannon Elizabeth that celebrities have changed their minds about dating after divorce.
Maher, however, was not convinced that her decision would last, noting that people often make permanent-sounding choices shortly after a split.
“Well, I’m not saying I know you better than you, because I don’t,” Maher said. “You know you better than you. I will say this: I have heard that from many people right after.”
“I mean, including many celebrities,” he added.
The comedian also referenced Halle Berry, who previously said she did not plan to marry again before later marrying Olivier Martinez in 2013.
Want OK! each day? Sign up here!
Elizabeth’s OnlyFans Launch Brought a Seven-Figure Payday

Shannon Elizabeth revealed how OnlyFans income gave her more freedom to choose acting projects.
The new venture has also given the 52-year-old a major financial boost during a difficult personal transition.
“I crossed $1 million in nine days,” Elizabeth told Variety. “It was really surprising, and I was honored that my fans came out and supported me.”
Elizabeth launched her OnlyFans account in April, as she was navigating her divorce from Simon Borchert. The actress revealed the income gave her more stability as acting work slowed down.
“For the last ten years, I’ve been living off of my savings for the most part, because I haven’t been as focused on work,” she said.
Elizabeth continued, “To be able to get myself back to the point where I’m not struggling and am able to choose projects because I like them and not because I need the money — it’s definitely giving me more freedom to do that.”
Shannon Elizabeth Is Exploring Her Next Chapter

Shannon Elizabeth revealed she may push her OnlyFans boundaries as she becomes more comfortable.
For now, Elizabeth is producing and directing her own OnlyFans posts, which do not currently include nudity.
“I’ve got to be a little bit mysterious,” she said of her approach to the platform.
Still, she admitted that she is open to seeing where the work takes her.
“I do all kinds of content, but I don’t even know what my boundaries will be,” Elizabeth said.
“I’m still exploring it, and as I become more comfortable with it, I’m going to push those boundaries,” she concluded.


