Nathan Griffith showered Jenelle Evans with gifts for her 23rd birthday last month, but who knew that the biggest one was yet to come?! Last night, while on vacation in St. Thomas (yup, that was another one of Jenelle’s presents), Nathan finally popped the question and these two crazy cats are getting hitched! Here’s 5 things you need to know about the super exciting Teen Mom 2 engagement.
1. The proposal happened during a fancy dinner at their St. Thomas resort. Jenelle shared a few pics of herself prepping for their first night of vacay. Jenelle curled her own hair and wore a gorgeous pink halter dress for the occasion.
2. They weren’t alone. Before the big moment, Jenelle shared a few photos on Instagram of Nathan, herself, and their couple friends, who they seem to have met on the trip. We wonder if they helped with the actual proposal!
3. The ring designer is Tolkowsky.”Wow! Tolkowsky diamonds aren’t cheap!,” Jenelle tweeted after revealing her gorgeous new ring on Instagram.
4. This isn’t Jenelle’s first engagement. Not to put a damper on Jenelle and Nathan’s news, but this is actually the third time Jenelle’s had a ring on her finger. She had a short-lived engagement to Gary Head in 2012, and of course we can’t forget that she was married to Courtland Rogers for barely a month before filing for divorce in early 2013. Luckily. she got a major upgrade with Nathan—in both the ring and the husband!
5. Despite her current family drama, Jenelle couldn’t be happier. Not even a little sisterly feud could upset Jenelle right now. “Thanks everyone on the congrats for my engagement. I’m super happy and it was very unexpected! Couldn’t ask for a better father to my children or a better lover. He’s my everything, and now always and forever,” Jenelle wrote on Facebook after breaking the news. Congrats, you two!
Are you happy for Jenelle and Nathan? Do you think MTV filmed the engagement—and will film the wedding, too? Tweet us @OKMagazine.