Almost six months since he was first accused of sexual assault, Thomas Ravenel is set to attend court for a preliminary hearing next month. Read on for the latest on the former reality star’s case.
Thomas’ hearing is set for November 5. The judge will then determine whether or not the case will go to trial.
Last month, the former politician was arrested and charged with 2nd degree assault and battery in connection to the case.
Nanny Dawn, alleged victim, was present during Thomas’ bond hearing and she admitted to Live 5 News that she wasn’t completely happy with the charges. At the time she said, “I feel relief but I’m not 100-percent satisfied because he was charged with assault and battery and the crime extended beyond that.”
As OK! readers will remember, back in May, Dawn alleged that Thomas attacked and assaulted her in 2015 while she was still employed by him.
Though the 56-year-old has never publicly responded to Dawn’s accusations, he did shoot down sexual assault accusations made by another woman, Debbie Holloway Perkins. Debbie claims that the former Southern Charm star attacked her after a Tinder date in October 2015.
After those allegations first surfaced, Thomas’ lawyer Richard P. Terbrusch said in a statement to People, “My client enjoys a certain degree of fame, which has unfortunately made him a vulnerable target for such claims.”
Earlier this month, Richard was killed in a place crash while flying back to Charleston from New York.
What do you think about the charges being levied against Thomas? Let us know in the comments.