Michelle Williams is opening up about her experience on The Masked Singer. After getting sent home last week, Michelle, 40, revealed that she was electrocuted during rehearsal for the show.
While appearing as a cohost on the December 12 episode of Entertainment Tonight, Michelle recalled the amount of work that went into putting on her butterfly costume. "It only took about 10 minutes to get into everything," Michelle said of her outfit before adding that it was “one piece, and then the head and the wings."
"During dress rehearsal, I'm standing on the platform, and they're trying to have CO2 smoke come out," Michelle said before adding that something inexplicably short-circuited during rehearsal and shocked her. “All I know is I looked down at my shoe, and the thing could talk. The thing was flapping.”
Although her time on the show came to an end, Michelle pointed out that it was worthwhile. "It was a beautiful experience," she began. “What a confidence builder!”
"I haven't worked all year, since December of last year, so this is a way to come back strong, and I'm so glad to share it with y'all," she said.
Panelist judge Nicole Scherzinger thanked Michelle for her hard work this season. “I want to thank you for taking the chance and being so brave and bold to come on our show,” Nicole, 41, said to Michelle. “And that's going to inspire so many people out there who have maybe had some of the same struggles that you have. And I pray that this show is a real new beginning for you.”
On December 11, Michelle opened up about her past insecurities regarding her singing voice. While appearing on The Real, the former Destiny’s Child member spoke candidly about the criticism she received while being a part of the girl group. “I'm just aware,” she said. “But sometimes you are aware that you are not everybody's favorite. And that's okay.”
What do you think about Michelle getting electrocuted during rehearsal? Share your thoughts in the comments below!