Celebrity hair stylist Lona Vigi gave Selena Gomez super sleek and glossy strands to complement the sexy Versace gown she wore to the MTV Video Music Awards last Sunday.
Working with her trusty John Frieda Frizz-Ease products, Lona offers advice on how to achieve the same style:
• Lona combined John Frieda Frizz-Ease Hair Serum Original Formula with Straight Fixation Smoothing Crème to wet hair. This cocktail gave Selena’s hair a silky smooth straight look that not only kept frizz at bay throughout the long night, but also helped to impart a shine that lasts.
• Using the Harry Josh Pro Tools Pro Dryer 2000, Lona blew Selena’s hair out straight as the base for her style. Lona recommends to flip the hair over and concentrate on drying at the root in order to keep the look from falling.
• Sectioning off the hair, Lona then blew each section dry with an Ibiza round brush to create a little body.
• After the hair is completely dry, John Frieda’s Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing Crème was applied to create a silky, shiny finish.
• Lona’s trick for any strays and long-lasting finish—using John Frieda Frizz-Ease Moisture Barrier Firm Hold Hairspray, spray a small amount on a clean mascara wand and glide it over the front sections that frame the face and comb the hair outwards along your part.
John Frieda Frizz-Ease products range from $5.99 - $9.99 and are available at drugstores nationwide.