Lily Collins is making her way around the globe in support of her new flick The Mortal Instrument, which means creating a new look for each city she visits. The Madrid premiere clearly called for something sexy and bold, so the actress wore a lengthy red lace dress with sleek, 1920s style strands.
Celebrity hair stylist Mara Roszak crafted Lily's slick strands and explains how she achieved the look to OK!:
• I started with Lily's dry hair, sprayed Elnett Heat Protect Styling Spray and rough dried it in to create a base for extra hold. Then I slightly damped the roots with water.
• Next I parted the hair deep to the side and applied gel with a comb to the damp roots, creating a very loose, smooth "S" wave onto her forehead, then clipped it in place to dry.
• I waved and set the rest of the hair with a 1 1/4" barrel iron, the sprayed L'Oreal Elnett Strong Hold Hairspray all over the head.
• Once the hair was all dry, I unclipped the hair and gently brushed out the bottom for a soft, waved look and sprayed with hairspray again.
• With long, black bobby pins I created a slightly staggered look around the head, allowing the style to stay flat to the head, and added a modern accessory with exposed bobby pins.
• For extra shine I sprayed Moroccanoil Shimmer Spray all over.
Which celeb's style do you most admire? Tell us in the comments below or tweet @OKMagazine.