“This is the award show where artists stand out and have a voice in their fashion sense as well as their talent in the industry, so I think everyone looks amazing,” explains LIV Los Angeles designer Caroline Ng.
She speaks the truth! OKMagazine.com is counting down the days until the VMAs, the MTV award show that brings the world’s best artists and most inspiring fashion-forward celebs into one arena where indescribable and unimaginable things happen. Basically, it’s one huge party where we send major props to the artists who get inside our heads with their poetic lyrics.
Each year, there are a few celebs that perfect the wardrobe portion of the evening. Rihanna’s stunning white halter dress remains at the very top of our VMA encyclopedia. Because we can’t stop thinking about the outfit and ‘do Miley will don in a few weeks, we caught up with LIV Los Angeles designer Caroline Ng and chatted fashion. Her clothing collection, filled with darling lace items and bold prints, is a demonstration of impeccable taste. Here’s the breakdown of the standout must-haves for VMA night and celeb style.
- Get edgy! The talented designer says that a VMA look should consist of edgy and “knock-out” hair and makeup.
- Caroline explains that there are many ways to stand out at the VMAs, including wearing a pop of color, showing some skin, donning a bold silhouette, rockin’ fabulous shoes, and making sure your hair and makeup is super sexy.
- Wanna know which artist she’s a fan of? The answer is here:
“Rihanna is always rocking a new ‘do,’ and a look that is always new and fresh,” explains Caroline.
- Since there’s been a lot of talk about Miley’s noms, Caroline gave us the tips on what she think she should wear. The outfit would consist of “a super tight mini dress with embellished chains and studs.”
- The VMAs happen at the end of August, the time when fall fashion is coming to the forefront. We had to know—should celebs be wearing next season’s styles. Caroline told us she thinks the stars should wear summer seasonal picks but try them out in the colors of fall—oxblood and marigold.
Do you have a fave fashion moment from the VMAs? Tweet @OKMagazine and leave a comment below.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!