Makeup How-To: Isla Fisher's Bright Pink Lip!
Celeb makeup artist Katey Denno and hairstylist Jen Atkin were the glam squad behind Isla Fisher's Great Gatsby premiere look last night and we've got the inside deets on how to recreate it!
“I thought for days about how to make sure the Dolce & Gabbana dress Isla had showed me would look its best on the red carpet. I love when Isla looks like an old-time, glamorous Hollywood movie star. I knew I wanted a clean, thick black cat eyeliner, a minimal cheek, and a very intense pop of bright berry mixed with red on her lips. I love how this look came together,” says Denno.
Red-Carpet Fashion From The Great Gatsby Premiere
GET THE MAKEUP LOOK:
- FACE “I prepped Isla’s skin with Lina Hanson Face Serum and sparingly used Vapour Stick Foundation to even out her skin tone, and a small amount of Mineral Fusion Concealer to perfect her skin. On her cheeks I applied Korres Blush in Pink with a small, fluffy brush, and buffed it into the skin so it appeared to glow from within.”
- EYES: “Into the inner corners of her eye I applied Kjaer Weis Cloud Nine Eyeshadow to add a hint of reflection, and a small bit of Kjaer Weis Magnetic Eyeshadow on the outer ¼ of the lid. I then gave her a winged cat-eye using Tarte Aqualillies Black Clay Liner. I curled her lashes multiple times and then applied a few coats of Honeybee Gardens Mascara in Black along the top and bottom lashes.”
- LIPS: “Lips were first lined with MAC Lip Liner in Beet for a precise edge. I then colored them using a blend of BITE Beauty Luminous Cream Lipstick in Pomegranate and Quince. Finally, to set the lips, I blended Tarte LipSurgence Matte Lip Tint in Lively—a deep, hot pink.”
Carey Mulligan Dishes on Her Kiss with Leonardo DiCaprio
GET THE HAIR LOOK:
“For Isla's look at the Gatsby premiere, we wanted to leave the hair down, and create a super glam look,” says Atkin.
- Dancing With Death: Charlize Theron, Johnny Depp, George Clooney, More Stars Who Barely Survived Near-Fatal Ordeals
- Getting Candid At The Oscars! The Best Behind-The-Scenes Moments, From Glenn Close's Impromptu Booty Pop To Instagram-Worthy Selfies
- This Week's #OutfitGoals: Isla Fisher In Fendi, Daisy Ridley In Christopher Kane, More
“We started with freshly washed, towel dried hair. If you're trying to get the look at home, I recommend Clear Scalp & Hair Beauty Therapy's Volumizing Root Boost Shampoo and Conditioner for fullness and great body. After blow drying her hair with a large Ibiza Boar Bristle Round Brush, I set a deep side part on her hair. I began to curl sections of her hair with a one and a quarter inch curling iron. After curling, I used a Sonia Kashuk Brush to brush through the curls, for more body and bounce. I secured the parted side of her hair with bobby pins to keep it in place and finished with a light veil of Oribe Superfine Hairspray."
Leonardo DiCaprio on His Love Life and The Great Gatsby
What do you think of Isla's look? Do you love it? Would you try it? Sound off in the comments below or on Twitter @OKMagazine!