There's topknots and minimalistic middle-parts, but sometimes the softest and most memorable of hair options is a mane of soft waves set with a side-swept, feminine part. That's how Modern Family actress Sarah Hyland—amongst Hollywood's hottest, including a J-Law in a sheer skirt—chose to wear her hair at The Hunger Games: Catching Fire premiere.
Celebrity hair guru Ryan Richman created Sarah's 'do and broke it down so that you can try it at home.
1. On damp hair, generously apply Living Proof Prime Style Extender to lock in your style.
2. Blow dry hair straight, section by section.
3. Set a heavy side part to the desired side.
4. Use a 1-inch barrel curling iron and curl each section in the same direction.
5. Gently brush out your curl into a uniformed wave.
6. Spray with Bumble and Bumble Spray de Mode or your favorite hairspray for a lasting hold.
7. Use a bobby pin to secure hair behind one ear.
Simple, eh? Will you channel Sarah in your next solo styling session? Tweet @OKMagazine and leave a comment below.