Sexy Strand Saturdays: Get Julianne Hough's Polished, Yet Messy, 'Do
Julianne Hough caused a major commotion in the hair world when she debuted her shorter, shaggy 'do and although she's already transitioned back to longer locks, we are still slightly obsessed with her former style. That's why we turned to celebrity stylist Edward Tricomi to tell us how to recreate it at home. Tricomi says of her look: "It's the perfect 'I didn't actually try that hard, I just always look this good' hairstyle. A little bit polished, but also sexy and messy."
- Lights, Camera, North Carolina: Explore The Stunning North Carolina Locations Of Your Favorite Film & TV Shows
- Julianne Hough Reveals She Never Drank Alcohol Until She Started Dating Ex Ryan Seacrest: 'He Introduced Me To Wine'
- Derek Hough Admits Sister Julianne 'Will Have No Problem Saying She Disagrees With Me' On 'Dancing With The Stars'
Julianne Hough and Lily Collins' Bestie Style
- If you have the same length as Julianne this hairstyle is really easy to do. Start with wet hair and add mouse throughout your hair, making sure you also massage the product into the roots. I love L'Oréal Professionnel's Mousse Volupté.
- Then, rough dry your hair with your fingers, occasionally flipping your head upside down for extra volume. This will give you that messy and shaggy look. If your hair is frizzy, cocktail the mousse with a calming, blowdry serum.
- Next, take a dime-sized amount of wax and rub it between your palms. Scrunch your hair upwards to create more of that edgy vibe.
- To finish, take small pieces and literally twist them with your fingers and scrunch upwards. This will create extra waves (make sure you still have wax left on your hand when you do this).
How to Get Julianne Hough's Amaze Dancer Legs
If you have long hair, start the same way by rough drying your hair with mousse. Then, separate your hair into 4 sections (if you have thick hair you might need more). Take each section and create a barrel curl with your finger. Take a flat iron and press the curl together, only holding for a few seconds to head up the hair; secure with a pin. Do this with all the sections, then let the hair cool for a minute and let it down. This will create those messy curls without using a curling iron. Finish with a light hairspray.
10 Celeb-Inspired Holiday Hairstyles to Road-Test This Season
What do you think of Julianne's style? Would you rock this 'do tonight for a date or a party? Comment below or tweet us your thoughts @OKMagazine.