We were literally obsessed with Jessica Alba‘s sleek waves at the Phillip Lim for Target party. Jess always has great hair and the best thing about this look is that it can go from day-to-night effortlessly. Christo Senior Celebrity Hairstylist Ray Guh told us how to recreate it so you can try her sexy look at home!
1. Wash and condition hair with Curlisto Botanical Shampoo and Curlisto Botanical Rinse.
2. Prep the hair with a light leave-in treatment. For this look a spray leave-in conditioner, such as Curlisto Protein Boost, is great as it helps to detangle but does not weigh down the hair. In addition it helps protect your tresses from hot styling tools. After applying the leave-in treatment, comb with a wide-tooth comb and towel dry well.
3. Now apply a root lifter, such as Curlisto Curl Reform only at the root for added volume.
4. Pump 2 quarter-size pumps of Curlisto Bio-Gel Mousse and apply all over the hair, from root to end.
5. Rough dry the hair 85% with a blow dryer and use a paddle brush to dry your hair to 100%, concentrate the nozzle of the dryer downward, this trick helps to add shine.
6. Use 1 1/2″ barrel curling iron from mid-shaft to ends. Use variant directions when curling (curl some outward and some inward) as this will help to create a more natural looking wave.
7. Apply Curlisto Shaping Spray for a flexible hold, and finish with Curlisto Glow & Shine to boost your hair’s luminosity!
What do you think of Jessica’s ‘do? Will you try it out for a date or party tonight? Tell us in the comments below or @OKMagazine!