Taryn Manning Goes Glam For Orange is the New Black Premiere
When Taryn Manning has the chance to ditch her Orange is the New Black makeunder, the actress takes no prisoners (pun intended) and goes totally glam. Case in point: Her gorgeous look at the series' season premiere Thursday night. Celebrity hair stylist, and founder of Hair Room Service, Michael Duenas offers up the rundown of how he created the pretty look.
Photos: An Appreciation of Blake Lively's Completely Perfect Hair
• To get Taryn’s look I started on wet hair and applied BC Oil Potion Volume Amplifier from scalp to ends. This moisturized her hair, adding sheen, volume and control. This aids in helping to keep her bleached hair very healthy and adding volume without stickiness.
• I then applied OSiS+ Grip Extreme Hold Mousse from her scalp to ends. This is an incredibly light-weight mousse that provides all day long hold, It was very humid out, so when my clients are doing a red carpet, I make sure not to take any chances. This mousse helps fight off humidity!
OK! News: Rose McIver Shares Her Summer Fashion Staple
• Using a vent brush I blow-dried Taryn’s hair lifting at the root to give it volume and fullness all over. Once completely dry I sectioned off a triangle section from her crown to just in front of here ear and clipped it out of the way. I proceeded to gather her hair and slick it into a tight knot bun in the back middle of her head. I sprayed the hair with OSiS+ Session Label Flexible Hold Hairspray and brushed to smooth any flyaways.
• For the top section of her hair I used my flat iron and created an irregular wave pattern, first curling the hair one direction and then halfway through, curling it the opposite. This helps add body and a more textured “uncontrolled” look.
OK! News: Celebrities Reveal Their Must-Have Travel Beauty Products
• I finished the look with OSiS+ Elastic Flexible Hold Hairspray spray to protect it from the humidity and a final touch with BLONDME Shine Magnifying Spray to give it a healthy glow!
Are you psyched for the new season of Orange is the New Black? Tell us in the comments or tweet @OKMagazine.