Hi Curvinistas! Let’s jump-start fall by celebrating the end of summer! One major holiday still calls for a fabulous bathing suit appearance. And if you have yet to debut a swimwear style that represents YOU, I’m here to the rescue.
Forget describing body types as fruit, we, as women, are much more intelligent and evolved! Let me preface and focus on the areas you would like to accentuate versus the areas you want to conceal. These figure-flattering and sultry silhouettes in the season’s hottest colors will help you make a fashion statement with confidence and pride. You’ll minimize your flaws and look lean while showing off just the right amount of skin.
It’s time to stand out in style at the beach this summer with bold swimwear pieces that wont break the bank. But if a little splurge is involved, count it as an investment piece to your curvy closet.
Patterns and Prints
- Use stripes, patterns, and tiny prints to get a slimming effect. When you mix patterns and prints, play with the same hue and palette to create a fashionable ensemble. I call it the duo—it adds that cool factor on trends, but is still slimming! Some styles include ruching, intricate detail, seam placement, or even sleeves for those not ready to bare arms just yet.
- Abstract prints and graphic details with a black or a dark base will complement your unique figure. This selection includes full-coverage bottoms and underwire bra-tops that are figure-flattering but also make a statement.
- Pops of colors and vibrant hues = the 3 F’s. That would be flattering, flirty, and ultra-feminine. Eye-catching colors such as blue, seafoam, corals, reds, and even yellows boosts your appearance. They’re also an instant mood-booster.
Sexy and Stylish
- Channel your favorite starlet! From simplistic hues to classic silhouettes, these picks support, smooth, lift, tuck, and provide clever ways to highlight your best assets!
- Highlight your swimwear with floral prints that are playful, feminine, and season-less. These chic cover-ups, flattering fits, and high-waisted designs are refreshing and stylish.
Safari and Camouflage Chic
- Classic animal prints to the trend of muted colors and metallic undertones go great with any skin tone and can transition into the fall.
See you next Friday my Curvinistas! Or in a fitting room near YOU!
My Curvy Footnote: Amongst my beach bum essentials are a fab pair of sunnies, a cool straw hat, lots of SPF, and chic beach tote. I also have my pre-swim season beauty regimen. My two personal favorite products for hair removal and to get my feet callus-free are Sally Hansen’s Brush-On In-Shower Hair Remover and Prep Your Pedi File. I feel sleek and swimwear ready!
Will you try any of these styles? Tweet @OKMagazine and leave a comment below.