Corinne Olympios Apologizes To DeMario Jackson After ‘BIP’ Sex Scandal
‘I have nothing against [him]…I don’t blame [him].’
Corinne Olympios has finally told her side of the story!
During Tuesday night’s episode of Bachelor In Paradise the 24-year-old reality star sat down for her first televised interview to discuss the BIP sex scandal.
The incident, which occurred back in June between her and DeMario Jackson, ultimately led to the suspension of the show’s production and a nearly two-week internal investigation after “allegations of misconduct.”
“I would love for everyone to have a better understanding of me and my side,” Corinne told Chris Harrison. “I’m doing a lot better. It was hard for me. It was really just a rough time for my family. My mom came out and is staying with me. I’m better.”
Corinne also expressed concern for DeMario and admitted that while she hasn’t spoken to him since the incident she wishes him the best.
“I would want to tell him, ‘Listen, I respect you as a human,’” she told Chris. “‘I have nothing against you. I’m so sorry you had to go through this. I know what it feels like. I’m sorry.’”
“I don’t blame DeMario,” Corinne added. “I never pointed fingers at DeMario.”
Earlier in the week, Corinne told PEOPLE, “With something like this, you can’t help but learn a lot about yourself. I really learned a lot about myself. I need to be more aware of my body and medicines I put in my body. I need to just be more aware of my surroundings.”
Corinne told the mag that she was taking a medication at the time of filming that she believes reacted negatively with her alcohol consumption, which then caused a “severe black-out.“
“I drank a little too much when I was on medication,” she revealed. “I shouldn’t have been drinking that much and mixing different alcohols…The only regret I have is letting myself drink too much — that’s it…It was unfortunate. But you know what, I’m an adult and I have to move past it.”
As previously reported, there were “allegations of misconduct” after and Corinne and DeMario engaged in a sexual encounter during the first day of filming, which led to the show shutting down production and sending the cast home. Warner Bros. then launched an internal investigation, which ultimately concluded no misconduct had occurred.
During the investigation though, Corinne released the following statement, calling herself a “victim.”
“I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4. Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production,” Corinne said in a statement.
However, after the reality star received backlash for her comments, especially her “victim” statement, the reality star clarified what she meant by that in her recent interview.
“At that point in time, I saw myself as a victim of having something this serious happen to you and have the media paint you a certain way that you know you aren’t and having all these people make their judgments and comments and they don’t even know what happened or went on,” she told PEOPLE. “That’s what I’m a victim of. I never meant that I was a victim of DeMario. I strongly believe he had no bad intentions at all. It was all good. It was unfortunate that no one really knew how intoxicated I actually was at the time. I believe that nobody knew that. It was nobody’s fault. I was a victim of not really knowing what happened at the time. We were just really trying to get to bottom of everything.”
“I’m really happy that this is finally coming to an end,” she added.
The Miami native’s sit down comes just one week after DeMario’s tell-all interview with Chris Harrison.
To see a clip of her BIP interview, click the video above.
What did you think of Corinne’s interview? Sound off in the comments!
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!