“If you want guacamole with a kick of heat, some garlicky tang and cheese, you will love this,” says supermodel and self-proclaimed foodie Chrissy Teigen, co-host and judge on MTV’s new competitive cooking show, Snack-Off. No chips? No problem. Try serving this tasty dip with Kellogg’s Special K Crackers.
Prep time: 7 minutes
- 3 ripe avocados, not too soft, halved and peeled
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- dash of garlic powder
- 1 diced tomato
- 1 tbsp.chopped cilantro
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1. Halve avocados and scoop out flesh in whole chunks. Transfer to a large bowl and cover with lime juice. Mash avocado with a potato masher or fork, making sure to keep it creamy and chunky at the same time. Using a fork, fold in salt, cumin, pepper, cayenne and garlic powder.
2. Gently add in tomato, cilantro, onion and garlic. Fold in cheese by sprinkling in small handfuls a bit at a time.
3. Mix and adjust ingredients to taste.
Will you try Chrissy’s recipe at home? Do you have any secret ingredients for guac? How about the best food to dip in? Tell us in the comments below or on Twitter @OKMagazine.