2008__06__12563.jpg
GET EMAIL UPDATES FROM OKMAGAZINE

So it doesn’t look like David Archuleta’s meddling dad is about to take a back seat now that his son is a star.

Jeff Archuleta and the American Idol bosses had a run-in during the competition that ended with them banning him from rehearsals for interfering with David’s performances.

And now the show’s over, Jeff and the execs are struggling over control of the 17-year-old’s career once again.

David, who finished second to David Cook on May 21, is back home in Murray, Utah, for a few days of rest before rehearsals begin for the Idol summer tour.

So Jeff took it upon himself to organize a concert entitled Back Home With David Archuleta at the 12,000-seat E Center stadium in Salt Lake City for tomorrow night.

He said the charity performance, with tickets costing just $1, would be a chance for David to thank fans in his home state for their support.

But ticked-off Idol execs told him to call off the show just before tickets went on sale on Tuesday.

A source told the New York Post that they were concerned that the one-night-only show would damage ticket sales for the official American Idol Live summer tour, which is stopping for two dates at the E Center on July 14th and 15th.

"They were afraid people wouldn’t buy tickets for the Idol tour if they had already seen David on stage in Salt Lake City," the source told the paper.

Jeff, meanwhile, claims that Idol have told him that he can re-book the date for later in the year.

He told the Salt Lake City Tribune: "When all the minds met, everyone concluded this wouldn’t work out for this particular weekend, and they just want to reschedule it toward the middle or end of the tour."

American Idol reps have no yet responded to our requests for a comment on the situation.

Download this week's issue of OK! Magazine for only $1.99
COMMENTS
comments powered by Disqus
 
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 444 other followers