15 Things You Definitely Didn't Know About Shia LaBeouf
Shia LaBeouf made headlines this weekend when he showed up to the premiere of his new film, Nymphomanic, wearing a paper bag over his head that read "I am not famous anymore." And then again, just yesterday, he put on an art exhibit in LA called "#IAMSORRY," where he apologized to visitors and press for his strange behavior. He even cried, guys.
8. His name has an interesting meaning. Shia means "praise God" and LaBeouf means "beef," so technically his name translated from Hebrew to English means "praise god for beef."
- Christy Carlson Romano Taken Aback At Shia LaBeouf's New Look While On Set Of Latest Movie — See Photos
- Shia LaBeouf & Mia Goth Go On Family Christmas Shopping Trip With Baby Daughter
- Shia LaBeouf & Mia Goth Visit Disneyland With Their Baby Girl As Actor Tries To Get Life Back On Track After Assault Allegations
9. Shia got accepted to college. He was going to attend Yale University's drama school, but he ended up booking a role in the new Indiana Jones movie alongside Harrison Ford instead. So, Shia never ended up going to college.
Photos: See Pics from the Mean Girls Reunion
10. Shia considers his second father to be Jon Voight, Angelina Jolie's real father. The two worked together in 2003's Holes and have been close ever since.
11. In 2007, Shia booked the lead role in Disturbia, which was his first "adult" movie. He still has a scar on his rib cage from doing a stunt in the film as a permanent reminder of it.
12. Also in 2007, Shia LaBeouf got arrested at a Walgreens in Chicago for Misdemeanor Criminal Trespassing. Here he is explaining the drunken incident to David Letterman in 2009:
13. When he's not in movies, Shia is directing them. He directed Cage's music video for "I Never Knew You." And through Cage, Shia met rapper Kid Cudi and the three of them all make short films together.
14. And speaking of music videos, Shia went full-frontal nude in a 2012 French music video. Here it is below, but warning, this is NSFW at all:
15. And then there was that time that he walked a red carpet wearing a paper bag in 2014. But you already knew that, so...
radar_embed service=5min.com src="http://pshared.5min.com/Scripts/PlayerSeed.js?sid=1126&width=570&height=351&playList=518117686&sequential=1&shuffle=0"
Photos: Why Shia LaBeouf Used To Be Our Celeb Crush But Isn't Anymore
Which of these Shia facts is the most surprising? Are you weirded out by the whole paper bag thing? Tweet us @OKMagazine.