As a displaced East Coaster now living in Los Angeles, for years the only eating establishment I was interested in making its way to the City of Angels was Dunkin' Donuts (I hear 2015 is our year—all hail the Munchkin!). But then came Wahlburgers. That's right, I'm talking about the Boston burger joint owned by Donnie, Mark and their brother Paul Wahlberg (the chef and restaurateur of the family). Forget the second Beantown location, boys, think LA!
As a die-hard New Kids fan, the A&E original series Wahlburgers, documenting the brothers' expanding burger biz, will become appointment TV for me every Wednesday night at 10:30/9:30 central.
Here are five reasons everyone needs to tune into the series, which premieres January 22.
1. Don't you want to meet the real-life Johnny Drama? The Wahlbergs' original entourage will be making plenty of appearances on the show, including the real Johnny "Drama" Alves.
2. After enough episodes maybe we'll learn the ingredients to Paul's signature Wahl sauce!
3. It's time to catch up with Donnie and Mark's mom Alma, who is loved by New Kids fans the world over. She'll be making appearances on the show (and her macaroni salad even has a spot on the menu) and maybe by season's end we'll find out which of her boys is really her favorite.
4. Will Paul's new assistant Kari make it more than a week at her new job? God, we hope so. Her commentary is spot on.
5. You'll want to track @AETV on Twitter the day of the Wahlburgers premiere (January 22). When they mention #Wahlburgers and #Sweeps in a tweet, retweet it to be entered to win a fun prize package. Ten random tweeters will win a $100 AMEX gift card and an exclusive Wahlburgers t-shirt (and everyone on this show is wearing Wahlburgers swag so you will fit right in with the gang).
Which celebs do you wish had their own reality show? Tell us in the comments or tweet @OKMagazine.